Filed under: Comment
Is it just me or does this ad feel a bit bad taste to you?
I know when you put all the elements of the ad together …
1. Christopher Reeve.
2. Paralyzed and in a wheelchair.
3. The Great Wall of China. [Which they label the subway … as if people wouldn’t understand the ‘idea’ unless they made it everyday relevant. Idiots]
4. Incredible amounts of steps.
5. Impossible for a wheelchair to navigate.
6. “When you know how hard it is, giving is easy”.
… it makes sense, but it still feels a wrong, especially for the Christopher Reeve charity.
I know it could be argued that this makes it even more relevant to the Christopher Reeve charity but seriously, does this make anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable?
And no Andy, you can’t claim they ripped off your sick joke idea.
Actually, when I come to think of it, you probably can.
At least yours was purposefully supposed to take the piss.
A bit like Christopher Reeve’s colostomy bag.
Oh god, I’m so going to hell.
42 Comments so far
Leave a comment